Header & Menus


Thursday, May 17, 2012

First moments with a Canon 5D MKII

I’ve just had my first encounter of the legendary Canon 5D MKII camera which shoots full-frame HD video.

This is all thanks to Greg Chapman who is travelling with Rice Brooks and filming their experiences in Cape Town.
Greg Chapman
I’ve been given the chance to help him record some of it. I was blown away to discover he has a 5D and further blown away when he let me use it and his other toys.

Arguably, with this camera you can shoot an entire feature film and the image won’t break on very large displays. A few Hollywood movies including Avengers and the upcoming Act of Valor have used this cam as a backup or second camera. 

5D
I took this picture above with Greg’s other wow Canon lens: Canon 50mm f1.4 USM. Insaneness of quality!! No Photoshop needed.
For the geeks, this 5D has a 24-105mm f4 L IS USM lens mounted, a Sennheiser MK 400 shotgun microphone.and a battery pack.
5D me
When I grow up I want a Canon 5D.
I’m not gonna even say anything about Greg’s main camera: Canon XF 305 professional camera…
Canons XF 305 
That look should say it all

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...