Header & Menus


Thursday, July 5, 2012

My DIY Jib - Version 2

It’s with almost tears that I announce the resurrection of my self-built jib!

Well…technically the first one was never alive because it never really worked so this is really the first working jib.

The first jib was flawed because I tried to connect two 2m tubes because I was obsessed with having a 3.5 meter rise that could film past a house’s roof for those cinematic Hollywood establishing shots.

This caused the jib to be too heavy and unstable until it eventually broke the ‘tripod’ legs on my 3rd attempt to use  it on a production.
Jib 2.0

IMG_0002 

Enter the new and simpler design. I simply used one of the 2m poles and viola. A light weight and easy to use jib!

This jib balances my 7D plus lens with 2.5Kgs of weights at the back.

I’ll be posting a “how to” video soon.

IMG_0033

Version 1 of the DIY jib:
DIY JIb version 1

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...